The Distinguished Citizen Award is presented to individual
community leaders who provide outstanding civic service to the adult
and/or youth in the community.
Those who receive the award are not necessarily Boy Scout
volunteers, but rather individuals who personify what the Boy Scouts
stand for – good citizenship, outstanding moral fiber with a dedication
to others, and for living their lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
The recipient is honored at the Distinguished Citizen's Dinner.
Friends and business partners of the honoree purchase
corporate sponsorship packages and reserve tables at the event.
How can I get involved?
event is run by a volunteer organizing committee, comprised of friends
and business partners of the honoree.
Recipients of the Northern Star Council Distinguished Citizen's Award
- 2015 Greg Page, Executive Chairman of the Board of Cargill
- 2014 Douglas M. Baker, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Ecolab
- 2013 Mary Brainerd, President and CEO of
- 2012 Richard Davis, Chairman, CEO and President of U.S.
- 2011 Jim Humphrey, Chairman of Anderson
- 2010 Jeffrey Noddle, retired Chairman/CEO of
- 2008 Richard Kelly, President/CEO of Xcel Energy
- 2006 Janet Dolan, retired CEO of Tennant
- 2005 Warren Staley, retired Chairman/CEO of
- 2004 Gerald Rauenhorst, founder of OPUS
- 2002 Richard Schulze, founder of Best Buy
- 2000 Phil Heasley, past President/COO of US Bank
Proceeds from the Distinguished Citizen's Dinner benefit
Northern Star Council's urban outreach Scouting programs.