2018 Council Pinewood Derby
Everyone Is Invited To Race
The Council Pinewood derby is on Saturday, June 2, 2018 and will be
at the Boy Scout Base Camp, located near Fort Snelling, Minnesota off
of Highway 62. Races will be in several heats this year and Scouts will
race against other Scouts their age from all across the Council!
Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., with races starting at 10:00 a.m..
Please see the times below for more details.
Who Can Participate?
Anyone is allowed to participate! If you have a fast or fun car and
would like to have a blast and get one more race in this year you are
welcome to join. Participants will be able to race their cars multiple
times and prizes will be awarded to the top ten racers in each rank.
There will also be climbing wall and archery opportunities open to
participants at no additional cost. These additional activities will be
open to siblings so feel free to bring the whole fa.m.ily!
- Saturday, June 2
- Base Camp (201 Bloomington Road, Fort Snelling, MN
Check In Times
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Lion and Tiger Check In
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Wolf and Bear Check In
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Webelos I and II, and Open Division Check In
- 10:00 a.m. Lion and Tiger Race
- 12:00 p.m. Wolf and Bear Race
- 2:00 p.m. Webelos I and II Race
- Award Ceremony Immediately after Webelos I and II Race
- Open Divisions Race after awards ceremony
- $10.00 Per Participant (anyone racing a car and this price INCLUDES extra activities)
- $5.00 Per Sibling (anyone who is just participating in extra activities)
How Do We Register
Make sure to sign up before May 15, the registration link will be available soon.
What Are the Rules?
Read the full set of rules posted on the documents section of this page to make sure your car won't get disqualified.