Earn up to 4 trades related Merit Badges
Hosted By The Local #10 Sheet Metal Workers Union
The Sheet Metal Workers Union - Local #10 is hosting a trades merit
badge series in the fall of 2018. The series will offer Scouts the
opportunity to take 1-4 Merit Badges in a 6 week span. Scouts can take
1, 2, 3, or all 4 merit badges during the series. The series will take
place at the Local #10 training center in White Bear Lake. Teachers and
professionals from the training center and the union will be teaching
the classes, and most of them also have a history with Scouting here in
Winter Classes Being Offered
The fall class and the waitlist has filled. Due to the high demand,
we have scheduled this course to be offered again in the months of
January/February and are looking into other opportunites for trades
related Merit Badge classes. We hope to see you there!!
When and Where is the Trades Merit Badge Series
- Tuesdays from September 18 - October 23 (see list below for Merit Badges taught on each day)
- 4:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Local #10 Training Center (3554 White Bear Avenue, White Bear Lake, MN)
Merit Badges and Dates:
- September 18: American Labor Merit Badge (class size - 24)
- September 25: Drafting Merit Badge (class size - 18)
- October 2 & 9: Metalwork Merit Badge (class size - 18)
- October 16 & 23: Welding Merit Badge (class size - 18)
* Note: Metalwork and Welding Merit Badges are two week classes. Scouts must attend both weeks to earn the Merit Badge.
- $10 / Merit Badge Class
- If you register and attend the full series you will recieve a $10 discount. This discount will be received after you attend the final class.
The class will be taught by highly trained professionals in the
business, but we are asking that an adult from each Troop represented
attend if possible to assist with chaperoning. This will be especially
helpful as we move into the Merit Badges that involve hands on work
Register for Trades Series
* NOTE: the class is nearly full. Another course is scheduled in January/February if you can't get in this time around.