So Many Exploring Winners!
Awards and Recognitions
Congratulations to all post advisors and Explorers for your hard-earned and well-deserved rewards for
outstanding service through your Exploring posts during 2016.
Below is the list of the 2017 recipients who received their awards
during the March 14 Exploring Awards Celebration.
Over 55 posts achieved their Journey to Excellence Award at either a bronze, silver or gold level.
Special thanks to Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View Fire Department
for once again hosting this event. Your firefighters' and
Explorers' hospitality is unmatched and gratefully appreciated.
To our Exploring Board of Advisors Chairperson, Michelle Bierman, we
thank you again for your generosity for helping to sponsor this event
and emceeing our program.
Thanks as well to our program presenters...
- John Andrews - Northern Star Council Scout Executive and CEO
- Chief Mike Goldstein - Northern Star Council Board of Directors and VP of Exploring and Special Programs
- Aodan Sinclair - Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Explorer
- Zach Paul - Blaine Police Explorer and Exploring Board of Advisors Youth Leader Representative
- Andrea Paulet - Exploring Board of Advisors Service Team Member
- Sara Klaes - Exploring Board of Advisors Service Team Member
- Matt Petrone - Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Post Advisor
- Beth Kregel - Medtronic Post Advisor
- Jenny Bergman - Clayton Fire Department Post Advisor
- Maddison Zikmund - MN Fire Exploring Association President
$1,000 Exploring Scholarship
Karleigh Johnson - Plymouth Police Department Post 3905
- Youth Service Award - John Madden - Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Post 3744
- Explorer of the Year - Derek McNamara - South St. Paul Police Department Post 3727
- New Explorer of the Year - Brayden Furchner - St. Paul Fire Department Post 9624
- Post Advisor of the year - Amber Crogan - Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Post 3744
- Associate Post Advisor of the Year - Sheldon Donath - Clayton Fire Department Post 3565
- Innovation Award - St. Paul Fire Department Post 9624
- National Adult Leadership Award - Alyssa Johnson - Medtronic Post 9566
- National Youth Leadership Award - Maykala Schmidt - Medtronic Post 9566
- National Youth Leadership Award - Aodan Sinclair - Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Post 3744