Wood Badge Training is About More Than Scouting
So What is Wood Badge? And Why You Should Take It!
Wood Badge is a six-day training that gives leaders opportunities to
learn about Scouting, use the patrol method, develop an individual
vision and gain tools that apply to all areas of life.
When asked about why an individual should take Wood Badge, Scouters say:
- You experience Scouting from a youth perspective and gain a sense of the entire Scouting program
- You are challenged to stretch yourself and to grow in Scouting and in life
- You meet life-long friends
- You discover what “boy-led” really means and what it looks like in a unit
- You gain an appreciation of diversity in youth and adults
- You expand your Scouting network as you work with fellow participants and volunteer staff members
- You learn and experience team-building experiences that are helpful in Scouting and in your personal and professional life
- You learn how Grey Wolf/NYLT trained youth and Wood Badge trained adults strengthen a unit
- You discover an experience that shows you the value of Scouting instead of just telling you
- You gain a toolbox of leadership skills empowering you as a leader
- You have FUN!
This could be you! Please consider joining us at one of the next
two Wood Badge courses. Register soon as courses are limited to
56 participants and fill quickly. The cost of the course is $250
including a $100 deposit at the time of
registration. The fee pays for lodging, training and the meals
course. Don't miss out on your chance to experience Wood Badge yourself.
Fall 2017 Course
Tom O'Mara will be serving as Scoutmaster and Mike Sieber serving as
Senior Patrol Leader. It will be offered at Stearns Scout Camp
over two weekends (Sept. 15-17 and Oct. 13-15). Register at:
Winter 2018 Course
David Eisenbrandt serving as Scoutmaster and Daron Meyer serving as
Senior Patrol leader. It will be offered at Kiwanis and offers
cabin camping experiences. The winter course weekends are Jan.
26-28 and Feb 23-25, 2018. Register at: